Thursday, July 7

cheap bastard Murphy

Dudes. I’m so bored. I think I want to start applying to schools. I’m not even sure I want to do an MBA. Maybe an MSc in something gnarly like Finance or Agrarian Economics. I wrote that and went off to look at websites for business schools and now my head hurts. I don’t feel very competitive anymore, or maybe I’m just lazy and used to having a job where I turn up and they pay me and the thought of going to a business school and being surrounded by hypercompetitive ambitious types who are all trying to see who can get by on the least sleep is very very painful. Which is why I like the sound of a mellow MSc or MA. But nothing fruity, like my best friend’s soon to start course in Semiotics.

I think I’m just old and lazy.

I feel crabby and irritable. I’m not going to go on about how I’m surrounded by petty misers, because even I can realize that the problem clearly lies with me for surrounding myself and liking these petty cheap bastards, and what makes it so much worse, for going on whining about it. Fuck ‘em and fuck whining. From now on, there will be only chillaxing and chillaxing to the max.

I’m going home for two weeks in October and I’m already thinking about who among these people here do I trust enough to leave my plants with. The obvious answer to the question is also probably traveling at the time. My plants are kind of fussy. The place that I bought them from gave explicit instructions to water them only once a week. That sounded wrong to me, but considering I have no prior flora related experience, I shrugged and tried it. On the second day itself I could see immediate droopage. So I started watering daily, but that didn’t help. I tried moving the plants around and that didn’t help, if I’d left them out on the balcony they’d have charred to a crisp. So I finally figured out the perfect schedule, water them every alternate day and leave them during the day on the ledge next to my window-wall, so they get sunlight all day. Then in the evening, my paranoid / super smart brother forces me to pick them all up and move them out of my room because I sleep with the door closed and will apparently die of carbon dioxide poisoning.

So, BASICALLY, I need to figure out who I trust enough to make sure my precious plants don’t wilt. Otherwise I’m going to have to lug them to India with me. Where my cats will promptly tear them to shreds and sit on them.

**

I’ve just returned from a super quick lunch at home with my brother. An advantage of living practically next door to work. I’m very ready to put in the remaining 5 odd hours here and get a move on this weekend. This weekend I’m ready to get vaguely acquainted with the city and its very confusing roads. Couple of days ago I had a day off and had errands to run and actually left my car at home and took a cab because I couldn’t even fathom driving around the city and actually getting where I wanted to go. So far the car has only been to my office, the mall and home. All three locations are within a 2 kilometer distance, so that’s something that clearly needs to be worked on.

From somewhere on the internet: ‘it is actually urgent that we connect with the world, not hide from it with drink or drugs or television or literary skill; that paying attention to nothing but the movie inside one’s head will ultimately kill you’

I’m evidently a diarist, here. Calling people names and pasting random stuff off the internet.

No comments: