Saturday, October 30

Music

There is too much music for the sake of music.Yesterday I went for the Artists Unlimited show which was without a doubt the best live show I've ever been to. It was literally beautiful. After what felt like the longest time ever I heard music that made me realise why I love it so much in the first place. After growing progressively hostile towards music and the ruddy industry it's becoming I realised what it meant to me and what it was like some 8 years back when I first fell in love with it. This must be what it had been like, when music is just music and nothing personal which you degrade by attaching connotations and meanings. It's become too background noisish. There are hardly any times when I listen to it because I feel like it beause chances are I'm being forced to listen to music all day long, listen to people talk about music all day long and watch them try and peddle it.
Radio is an enemy, a ruthless enemy marching irressitably forward, and any resistance is hopeless. It forcefeeds us music regardless of whether we want to hear it, or whether we can grasp it with the result that music becomes just noise, a noise among other noises.

Am feeling easy in my skin & sin again. Methodically happy.

No comments: